By Oscar Guardiola-Rivera
Read or Download Being Against the World: Rebellion and Constitution (Birkbeck Law Press) PDF
Similar political philosophy books
John Stuart Mill is likely one of the maximum thinkers of the 19th century. yet does he have something to coach us at the present time? His deep main issue for freedom of the person is assumed via a few to be superseded and insufficient to the cultural and spiritual complexities of 21st century existence. during this succinct and sensible ebook, John Skorupski argues that Mill is a profound and encouraging social and political philosopher from whom we nonetheless have a lot to benefit.
Following prolonged classes of clash or repression, political reconciliation is critical to the institution or recovery of democratic relationships and demanding to the pursuit of peacemaking globally. during this very important new e-book, Colleen Murphy bargains an leading edge research of the ethical difficulties plaguing political relationships lower than the tension of civil clash and repression.
Framed by way of a brand new and vast introductory bankruptcy, this booklet collects Stefano Guzzini’s reference articles and a few much less famous publications on strength, realism and constructivism. via analysing theories and their assumptions, but in addition theorists following their highbrow paths, his analysis explores the range of other colleges, and strikes past basic definitions to discover their intrinsic tensions and fallacies.
Christoph Luetge takes on a primary challenge of up to date political philosophy and ethics. He questions the customarily implicit assumption of many modern political philosophers in line with which a society wishes its voters to undertake a few shared simple characteristics, perspectives or functions (here termed an ethical surplus).
- Commentary on Thomas Aquinas's Treatise on Law
- David Hume (International Library of Essays in the History of Social and Political Thought)
- Non seguire il mondo come va: Rabbia, coraggio, speranza e altre emozioni politiche (Italian Edition)
- Rousseau's Social Contract (Cambridge Introductions to Key Philosophical Texts)
- The Permanence of the Political: A Democratic Critique of the Radical Impulse to Transcend Politics
- Comparing Political Communication: Theories, Cases, and Challenges (Communication, Society and Politics)
Additional resources for Being Against the World: Rebellion and Constitution (Birkbeck Law Press)