By Maartje Abbenhuis
Read Online or Download An Age of Neutrals: Great Power Politics, 1815–1914 PDF
Best political history & theory books
Earlier than Michael I. Handel died his colleagues and scholars compiled this choice of essays that have been written for a convention on method held in the course of 2001. The papers tackle Churchill's perspectives and ideas on warfare, technique and realpolitik.
Even though it has been an international phenomenon for many years ahead of contemporary acts of big violence, anti-Americanism has triggered few critical reviews in English. This choice of unique studies and observations seeks to provide an explanation for its effect in components during the international, making the most of the cultural and geographical services of the participants.
"Wir müssen alles tun, um sicherzugehen, dass sie [die Palästinenser] niemals zurückkommen. Die Alten werden sterben, die Jungen werden vergessen. " So notierte Israels Staatsgründer David Ben Gurion am 18. Juli 1948 in seinem Tagebuch, so hoffen es viele israelischen Politiker immer noch. Doch die palästinensischen Flüchtlinge, die Marlène Schnieper in ihrem Buch über die Nakba porträtiert, haben nicht vergessen.
Confident Political idea I is worried with the formal idea of choice aggregation for collective selection. the speculation is built as often as attainable, protecting sessions of aggregation tools that come with such recognized examples as majority and unanimity rule and focusing specifically at the quantity to which any aggregation procedure is guaranteed to yield a collection of "best" choices.
- Diplomacy of Connivance (The Sciences Po Series in International Relations and Political Economy)
- When Life Strikes the President: Scandal, Death, and Illness in the White House
- Power versus Liberty: Madison, Hamilton, Wilson, and Jefferson
- Revisiting the Origins of Human Rights
- War, Public Opinion and Policy in Britain, France and the Netherlands, 1785-1815 (War, Culture and Society, 1750-1850)
- Progress in International Relations Theory: Appraising the Field (Belfer Center Studies in International Security)
Additional info for An Age of Neutrals: Great Power Politics, 1815–1914